Millions of health care workers are at risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
Katy CPR & First Aid can help you reduce or eliminate the hazards of occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens by providing training and the materials you need to keep you and your employees protected.
The learning objectives for this course are:
- Define bloodborne pathogens
- Identify the bloodborne pathogens of primary concern
- List the ways bloodborne pathogens can enter a person’s body
- Describe the importance of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Describe the importance of hand washing for reducing risk of transmission
- Identify work practices that help eliminate or reduce the risk of exposure
- Learn how to remove disposable gloves properly
- List procedures to follow if exposure occurs
Katy CPR & First Aid will come to your site and train your employees at a time and day that is convenient for you. The class takes approximately one hour to complete.
This training should be part of your organization’s exposure control plan (ECP) to eliminate or minimize occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
This training ensures your business is compliant with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard, federal regulation 29 CFR 1910.1030. This standard prescribes safeguards to protect workers against the health hazards from exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) and to reduce their risk from this exposure.
We know your business is committed to providing a safe and healthful work environment. Contact us today to schedule your class.
All our courses offer Digital Certification, which provides anytime, anywhere access to your training history and course certificates. Digital certificates can be viewed, printed or shared online.
Each certificate includes a unique ID and a QR code which meets employment requirements and allows for easy certification validation. There is no need to carry your printed certificate around anymore!